View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2182053)   #2
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great review, Pro.

On the subject of Hamilton... it seems they did put on a great show as the Kiwi's often seem to. Gee they love their V8SCs, don't they as the attendance figures seem to show?

However, and this is no criticism of your writeup, I don't agree it was a great show, at least from a TV perspective.

Are we kidding ourselves that Hamilton was a great advertisement for V8SC in general. The number and frequency of safety cars is really doing the sport a huge disservice, IMHO. The yellow flag time is essentially dead time. It's boring viewing. If Mr Cochrane believes that such venues and street circuits in particular are worth their weight in $$$, then it's just a short-sighted view in my humble opinion.

Such in-action is alarming as it is boring and damaging to the sport. The ball is in Cochrane's court. He must make changes to improve the spectacle otherwise the sport will be poorer from the over-exposure of uneventful racing.

And for the detractors of V8SC, it's not about V8s where the criticism is aimed, it's about motor-racing in general at venues that set the coverage up for failure.

Just my 2c and sorry if you believe I've hijacked your great writeup, Pro.