View Single Post
Old 13 May 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3822215)   #47
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Vettel, the tyres weren't going to last so they had no choice but to pit. I'm not sure that story holds much water. Everyone else managed on a set of softs and a set of mediums. I'm more inclined to think Ferrari saw the VSC and boxed him quick, assuming everyone else would stop too.

Grosjean seems to be worse than he was at the beginning of his career when he was the scapegoat for every crash that happened. I can forgive him spinning because that's a mistake anyone could make (and most of us have!). But doing doughnuts in front of most of the field was a nonsense of the first order. He claimed that he hit the throttle to try to avoid spinning back across the track, yet anyone who's ever driven a racing car knows that that's just what it will do. To keep the car going the same way he needs to stand on the brakes.