View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2815930)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
I can only second your comment, ka - great info, racer69. Although the Bathurst and AMRY annuals has great details about the seasons, all the weekly news and rumours probably never made it beyond Australia.

Regarding the 1987 Small/Grice/Nissan WTCC plans, Grice - and presumably Small - had raced one of the New Zealand Skyline DR30s on a one-off chance at the 1986/1987 South Pacific Touring Car Championship with either Kent Baigent or Graeme Bowkett, winning the race. Their plans was, as I know it, to enter the new HR31 for the '87 WTCC, but that car was badly delayed, homologated by March but seing it's race debut at the Fuji Intertec 500 late in the year.

Interesting that the Bowkett name appears with Grice and Small, as it has just been mentioned that Bowkett was the customer for the first complete Group A Commodore VK build by Roadways!

Jesper
And that Mr Bowkett, along with Mr Baigent, took 2 of the seats in the Mobil HDT Spa 24hr car in 1986

Was it really a quarter of a century ago? It was just like yesterday!

I recall reading that at one point Mr Small had set up camp in NZ to understand the intricacies of the DR30 Skyline, in order to run one for Mr Grice in Europe... subject to funding.. which never seemed to come..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods