View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2923335)   #15
speedkills
Rookie

speedkills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
INTERSPORT RACING -

Intersport Racing "All In" For Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock

Intersport Racing will kick off the second portion of the American Le Mans series with a pair of LMPC cars and a top-flight driver line-up. The series, after its traditional break for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, returns to racing with Round 3, the American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park, on July 9.

In his first on-track appearance since 2010 Petit Le Mans, Jon Field will pair up with the young Australian stand-out, James Kovacic. The two will share the No. 37 Lenco Mobile LMPC car.

In 2010, at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, James won his debut race in the Coopers Tires Prototype Lites driving the Elan DP02 Mazda powered Lite's for Intersport. Kovacic is the first Australian to taste success in this class and is the youngest competitor to do so.

Field, while no stranger to prototype racing, will make his debut appearance in the LMPC class.
"These cars are a blast," noted Jon. "I'm excited to be back behind the wheel and I'm equally excited to drive with James. He's an amazing talent and I think our combined efforts will equate into a formidable contender in the LMPC class. We're a perfect fit."

Just off an outstanding 2nd place finish at Long Beach, Tomy Drissi and Kyle Marcelli will return in the No. 89 Intersport Racing Rise of the Planet of the Apes / DynaPep LMPC car.
"I'm really excited to get back in the No. 89 Rise of the Planet of the Apes / DynaPep LMPC car with Kyle," said Tomy. "We had such a good run at Long Beach, the anticipation of getting back in the car has been killing me. And I'm a big fan of Lime Rock. Running the prototype here should be a lot of fun."

"I think we'll do really well here," noted Drissi. "I've had quite a bit of experience at the track and I know Kyle was very fast here last year. The Intersport guys know the setup so I think we'll be quick right off the transporter. I'm also looking forward to going wheel-to-wheel with Jon Field who'll be in the No. 37 LMPC sister car. That's going to be a blast!"

In 2010 Marcelli qualified the #89 P2 in the wet conditions. Unfortunately for the team, after being consistently the quickest car in class on track, a mechanical failure forced an early retirement with only 45 minutes remaining in the 2h 45 min race.

“We had a great car in 2010," said Marcelli. "With Lime Rock, traffic management is crucial. It's very rare that you get a clean, fast lap; you have to move through traffic as quickly as possible. Looking back at last year and our 2nd place finish at Long Beach; I know a win is definitely attainable.”

Jon Field is having a hard time containing his enthusiasm for Intersport's potential at Lime Rock.

"This is a fantastic line-up," added Jon. "I really feel good about what we've put together. We're in the right class at the right time with the right driver line-up. We've got youth and experience. And our guys have prepared a great pair of cars. They were hooked up here last year and with the testing we did during the Le Mans break; I have no reason to believe we can't run at the front."

"More importantly," said Jon in closing, "we've got a group of guys that know how to have fun. That's important to us. Yeah, it's hard work and yes we'd like to win. But in the end, we're here to meet and interact with fans and have a good time."