Thread: Team GBR
View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2378843)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I don't blame Dan Clarke for taking the drive - name me one racing driver who would have turned it down (apart from Danny Watts) - but I do think it was a very bad decision by Team GBR. They've ended up spending all that money for nothing.

Dan's manager is very persistent and maybe some money changed hands, but, when you think about it, the idea was never going to work. Dan hadn't driven a racing car for over 12 months, he wasn't called up until very late and absolutely everything was new to him, so what did they expect? Crazy.

I think, in fact know that Audi would stop Oliver Jarvis from taking the drive, but I agree with Mak that that Ben Clucas is the one to have if Danny is unavailable. I don't know why, but for some reason his face just doesn't seem to fit.