View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2008, 22:17 (Ref:2333418)   #38
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
thanks Crash Test.

Keeping it fairly simple Mr Gore's general approach to motor racing whether it be with his sponsorships or his team are my motivations to criticize. A few examples

1) Mr Gores favourite and never ending tirades over the years involved his belief that v8 supercars was now run as a business needing enhanced professionalism and it was time for some team owners to step aside.
With all the current re structure of teams as well as new sponsors coming on board, you would have to say he was on the money.

Quote:
However when another team poached a WPS Racing sponsor it appeared to be a professional business decision, but guess who screamed blue murder accusing the works team of treading on the poor little independent team. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Well documented and discussed topic of a factory team de-valuing sponsorship dollars by stealing a part sponsor in return for naming rights?? You really are on the ball with sponsorship... Why Tom or Tim have not signed you up to Commercial reasonability’s is a real mystery.

Quote:
2) The Ford relationship. Mr Gore's admirable ability to speak his mind on well just about anything worked against him when it came time to dealing with manufacturers. His decisions wear 'No Support From Ford' vindicated Fords decision to have nothing to do with the team and Mr Gore.
Yet another example of someone commenting about an issue he knows nothing about. Do you mean apart from the fact Ford never kept their end of a deal?? We now have 888's Dane telling everyone that they will not carry Ford badges and will refer to their cars now as 888Supercars. Where have we heard that before...

Quote:
Then there was the anti John Hewson T-Shirts WPS backed and distributed during this interesting time in V8SA history is another example.
Job well done! Where is Mr Cakes now?? Running the world wide successful SUV Racing series.

Quote:
These two occassions called for diplomacy and tact, both were missing here which cost Mr Gore and opened him up for criticism.

3.) The Walker Racing ongoing affair
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/indy..._with_fa?.html
You should spend less time reading trash mags in Supermarkets...

Quote:
4.) As britekman alluded to there is allegations of money owing as well.
I actually gave you a bit more credibility than the poster you have chosen to provide as crown witness. Shame about that but I can be wrong occasionally, and clearly I was about you.

Quote:
Tried my all to keep it short not to offend anyone but I hope that gives a little insight into my reasons for not bowing before said person for all his years service to motorsport
How could anyone be offended by such dribble? Too much life in the dark in front of your little monitor is not good for. Break out from anonymity, go outside and smell the flowers and maybe if you are feeling really game....

Get a life of your own instead of whinging about the life of others all the time.