View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2011, 19:02 (Ref:3000394)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've not really believed that a US DTM series was possible due to the large amount of money it would take to buy the cars and run them. Especially since money in US motorsports is particularly tight, but I may have came up with a possible solution.

First, the costs of running the series are likely going to be greatly reduced by piggybacking on existing NASCAR/GA rounds so that helps from a logistical point of view.

Second, with the addition of BMW to DTM in 2012, Audi and Merc will have fewer cars in the championship, so potentially there could be more manufacturer assistance available.

Third, following the logic of #2 above the amount of assistance needed from each manufacturer would further decrease if more manufacturers came on board. This could come about from GM sponsoring a Cadillac DTM, and/or a tie-in with SuperGT. For instance, if each manufacturer only had to help two 2-car teams the costs would be much cheaper.

I still have my doubts of this championship getting off the ground, but hey anything is possible.