View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3569784)   #19
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice thread resurrection Terry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlessbird View Post
There is also talk of a track near they Appin road Princes Highway corner
News to me - source? (old post I know, but I hadn't seen it before)

I hear the central coast one is making progress. The drums are saying WP is getting expensive/difficult since the Ronkes left, so some options would be nice beyond Eastern Creek, even if the central coast is a longer haul for me.

A track at Nowra would suit me, but I haven't heard anything for a year or more. Access to Nowra via MR92 isn't bad - not freeway standard, but the upgrade is high quality. Access from Braidwood or Tarago in the east is up to rigid truck or trailer standard (currently working on the bridge at Oallen Ford), and I have passed enough semis on MR92 to know that they can traverse it, and I don't think they are all going to/coming from the Nerriga pub . Access from Sydney is great until the dual carriageway runs out, but the rest is more than adequate. The Vics, well they can play at Winton to their hearts content but if they want to come to Nowra it will be a looong haul, like us northerners going to PI. We don't do it because it's easy, we do it because we want to. And I agree with an earlier post, it is not an EC-type facility that is being proposed, more like WP, for club-level activity.