Thread: Liam Doran
View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3696406)   #99
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I am not sure the guy who bought it ever did much with it, he was on here a few years ago asking for advice and pictures etc , and I do recall mention of S2000 running gear, but looking at the picture, it looks like a shell only, with the panels, no running gear, so unless a tranny tunnel and engine pickups have been changed it should be fine.
I think the S2000 rear diff is on the car in those pictures - certainly there's something in there at the rear end (and it doesn't look heavy duty enough to be a 'proper' rear diff/axle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think they are planning on running a 405 based motor, like he did in the 306.

Hansen and Pailler used T16 engines, but they were works backed and at the time Citroen were running a Dakar programme so spares were easier to find, it would be insanity to try and run one of those engines now!!
Yep, the MI16 engine is what they're talking about using - it's really the only option, as you say T16 engines and parts are very few and far between (and any that do exist are better off being used on genuine T16 cars tbh). I guess the running gear will also be 'off the shelf' items too so the car will be externally accurate but with a very different spec under the skin.