View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3705532)   #98
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
We enjoyed our day out with our first ever class win (Car 43, Class A, red Nissan Micra).

I've only competed at Brands twice with a second and a first in class, Matt has had some other seconds there, and as a crew we've had a number of second and thirds in class at different events so to win it was very pleasing! Good picture and write up in MN this week too.

If anyone has any photos I'd be interested in seeing them, thanks.
Well done on the class win I did think you'd be in with a shout when we passed the Newtons parked up at Druids.

Our day was ruined somewhat by power steering issues - it sometimes worked, it sometimes didn't - often changing its mind halfway through a corner which made life interesting. Martin said that it was the hardest he's ever had to work in the car. We changed a few bits to try and cure it but whatever the problem was is still there now. Given that the problem wasn't going away we just used up old tyres and concentrated on getting to the finish without taking any big risks. Still good fun from my seat though

I haven't been sent any proofs of photos through yet - normally we get them pretty soon after the event but nothing so far.