View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3722493)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
The reality is Bernie got eaten by a bigger Pirahna - Chase Cary......the bloke kills with kindness, and I like his style, totally agree a breath of fresh air, all Bernie cared about was screwing over circuits and TV companies for more money to host/show a sport in decline due to pay-TV contracts and a lack of digital media interaction.

I am preying that Ross Brawn fixes the driver safety aspect and designs a real neat set of rules with perspex type canopies, the fully enclosed concepts from RedBull and Mclaren were just epic

Also they need to ditch the stupid exhaust driven generators, its totally not road relevant, and I say this as I work in the automotove powertrain advanced engineering hybrid sector for a living. I really believe they just need to fix the noise issue, which is easily fixed by going twin-turbo to free up the exhaust flow, it would save a lot of cost for the manufacturers. Also I think there is possibly an argument for having a front wheel driven KERS system which is totally independent of the powertrain, much like Audi did with the LMP1 car.......its far more road relevant and would simplify F1 a great deal
Yeah I agree Bernie just got greedy and never in touch and it was overdue his departure

However as for my question, can't remember if it was Carey or one of his right hand people, basically he said he would like to see more teams and a much better calendar and better promotion to get the fans in, so I have big hope for the future