View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3391097)   #103
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Gene Haas to buy Marussia F1?

Marussia F1 is looking for a new owner. And with the Ferrari connection, it would make a lot sense than trying to start from ground up.
I think it makes a ton of sense if you are looking for generic entry into F1. I don't know how well it might mesh with the concept of a "US" team. I assume Haas still wants to have a dual operations situation in which (long term) design and construction happens in the US, but the team has a European center for the non fly circuits.

I just don't know what all a purchase of Marussia would get you. I assume a large part of it is both IP (a working car design) and facilities. The IP part makes sense, but if the long term goal is to move, I think it would be an odd situation in the short term given you would run a season out of the current HQ and then move the design and construction to US? If I was working for Marussia today and Haas bought them and I didn't want to relocate to US, would I say for the short term while they built up the US operations or flee at the first chance to another team?

Purchase of Marussia might be a slam dunk (or not). I would love to hear other opinions.

Richard