View Single Post
Old 13 May 2001, 17:53 (Ref:91918)   #6
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow

Quote:
Originally posted by zx9man
I can't believe you can put down IRL like that.... and stick up for Cart Racing. You obviously know little about Cart racing and the IRL and why they split if you feel that way. The reason Cart and IRL split because of the unfairness given to the teams that could afoard the best engines and chasis combos and had the most money backing them by sponsors. By injecting the IRL into the race series, you have for the first time a series that has a level playing field where people can't cheat as easy. And you don't have the same person winning every race (need I mention Michael Schumaker) or the entire Cart series. The IRL is the first series to have principles and establish criteria which allows rookies to come in and have a fair chance. Proof of this is by looking at how close IRL races are and how exicting it is to watch the close endings. Where as many other ra ces you know who one 30 minutes before the race even ended. Kind of like a Monday night football blow out. Choose your poison or series but don't talk **** about series you may know so little about!
I quess this story was for me Okey you said I don't know anything about IRL. Wrong, I have read a lot about this and also watched these races on Eurosport. You told that IRL is close and CART and F1 aren't. Yes F1 really isn't close racing, but CART is and money isn't everything in CART. Last time Scott Dixon won, who didn't have a great sponsorship package (now he has). You told that in IRL there is a change for rookies - YES, you are right, but real racers aren't in IRL. There are youngsters, oldies and medium racers, who haven't got a change to go to major motosport series (CART, F1). Finally I have to say the biggest reason I don't like IRL is the boss of IRL, who splitted CART!