View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3799645)   #95
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so in the context of this thread then, am i correct in assuming that you guys are suggesting that the decline in viewership has more to do with advancements in technology then it has to do with the move behind a pay wall/increasing subscription costs?

For me, it was the absence of true racing that was and remains, the direct result of the advances in technology that started my lack of real interest in watching Grand Prixes; winning a race because of a pit strategy doesn't excite me in the least.

Putting the broadcast behind a paywall is just the final nail in the coffin. And that's after having followed F1 for nigh on 50 years.