Thread: LM24 2018 GTE thread
View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3801296)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The field in pro looks excellent but a little thin in Am. Really surprised about all those 911's not sure what the ACO was thinking after the way porsche treated them last year. a few less of them and more for the other manufacturers would have been acceptable to most people i think
The way Porsche treated them??? What???

And as for 'other manufacturers', in GTE-SHAM, they do not exist (with the exception of Corvette C7.R which no-one wants to field because there are so few of them and to the words of Larbre the chassis is "aging" + Ford which you cannot buy) so you couldn't really get them there even if you wanted them

Unless you meant more Ferraris or Astons which is about as uninteresting as Porsches for most people

Riley being left out of LMP2 is something one might argue about however

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Anyway I'm quite sure that 2008 spa and le mans GT1 still unbroken pole records will fall this year.
I think that 2007-2008 spec Corvette C6.R / AMR DBR9* / Saleen S7-R with modern 2018 spec Michelins (and no BoP crap) could do about 3.43-45. at Le Mans today, not only because of the tire advancements but the track being million times faster too.

* Yes I know those have been run in the AMR Festival at LM in recent years with terrible pace, but they have been trialed by amateurs. And I'm not sure but probably in slow-ass 2010 FIA GT1 setup too

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Feb 2018 at 15:07.