Thread: 2018 DTM
View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3843294)   #208
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I vowed that I wouldn't give Brands Hatch any more of my money this year after experiencing what they had done to the GP circuit, but I couldn't resist the lure of seeing DTM again, so I went yesterday.

The DTM cars are just awesome. I forgot just how loud they are, watching them from the exit of Surtees was almost painful! Having wanted to see them on the GP loop for so long though, I'm gutted that I couldn't really appreciate them out there.

I have to agree with the comments about the support package, I can't see how anyone could see it as anything other than very poor. One R8 race and a couple of short BMW Mini races is not great (compare it to this years Blancpain timetable if you think it was good: the circuit was in constant use right up to the curfew that weekend) The much vaunted F1 demo was very underwhelming filler as well, as just two cars followed the safety car round.

Advance tickets were £30, so I didn't feel too cheated, but £40 on the gate for one main race was a bit much. Still, guess they have all that new fencing to pay for...