View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4104239)   #89
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Who is the Greatest BTCC driver of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Shaun Watson-Smith got a ridiculous amount of the Proton in 04, he would have been a race winner in the Astra no doubt about it.

On Radisich though, I wonder if he had any idea that Donington 95 would be the final time he stood on a BTCC podium? Incredible really.

I always liked him, I remember him being on the end of some pretty ordinary driving from Simoni and Watts in 94 and Ravaglia in 96 and taking it with good grace when he would have been within his rights to kick off.

Watts hates him though, read an interview in which he constantly laid into him

Yes Watson-Smith really got a lot out of that Proton. It would have been nice to see Proton continue with either Leslie or Bennett, instead of the mediocre Hariuman, to see how much was down to the car and how much was down to him, but the fact he mixed it up with the MGs, Hondas and SEATs says a lot. A nice bloke too, met him at Donny that year. Like Tommy Erdos and Johnny Adam, he deserved a second season he never got

Radisich’s 95 season really took a dive from Knockhill onwards, only took two points from then till the end of the season. His last podium should have been at Knockhill R2, but he got a puncture quite near the end. I was at Silverstone in 98, really hoping he’d get a podium in that dry/wet/dry feature race, but he just missed out

Yes he had a few incidents with Simoni early on in 94, but Gianpiero himself said he was still adapting to touring car racing at the time. And Watts at least had the decency to apologise to him at Brands that year. Ravaglia though was quite rude after Radisich went for a friendly word after they collided at Brands in 96

Surprised Watts didn’t like him, who was the interview with and what were the reasons given?

Last edited by S griffin; 25 Mar 2022 at 13:43.