View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2016, 21:50 (Ref:3695623)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Why are they so popular with taxi drivers? It appears as though the MPG gain is not significant, and the reliability is not there yet. Those Skoda Octavias were used because they'd do 250,000 miles without a serious issue. You won't get that from a Prius. Are these hybrid taxis being subsidised by councils?
In Australia, the Hybrid guts of a Prius are installed in a Toyota Camry body and becomes the weapon of choice here for both hire cars and taxi cabs.

I have been in one recently with 750,000km on it.. and the owner/driver reckoned it was only on its 2nd battery pack!

Our rules have cabs not being able to be more than 6 years old, so this one was still a year or so away from its end.

Would hate to buy one 2nd hand.. a cab that is.. although that would be true of petrol or diesel driven ones as well.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House