View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4034520)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I used to like Spa best, with the brilliant Eau Rouge corner and the sheer speed of the cars and it is also in a great location.

However, I have recently changed my mind, and I now like Silverstone best. If you want wheel-to-wheel action, and cars running side by side, Silverstone is the best track, and it never fails to deliver a great battle. The race in 2019 was a perfect example of this, with the great scrap between Hamilton and Bottas for the lead, and then a cracking battle behind between Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc. (I had to watch this race in French, and the commentators got really excited and were shouting, 'Verstappen et Leclerc! Verstappen et Leclerc! Incroyable! Fabuleux!)

Baku is another track you can usually rely on to deliver a fantastic race, but the location is not particularly nice and its not one where it is exciting just to watch the cars. I also really like Portimao, and am really glad it has been added to the 2021 calendar. It is another track where drivers can run side by side for a whole lap. The main track which I think is missing from the calendar, and want back, is Brands Hatch. For touring car racing, I think it is the best track in the world, and while it would be less good than Silverstone for Formula 1, I would still like it to return (maybe as the European GP again).