Thread: Multi 21 Sir Lewis
View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4034568)   #377
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Drifting (slightly) off topic, but we regularly hear discussion about whether a driver would perform as well in a lesser car. Maybe the NFL-style franchise system would work for F1?

Each team has a place on the grid, and the numbers are fairly fixed. There is very little inclination that new teams are looking to join or leave, so why not run it in a franchise manner?
The personnel at each team consists of a common 'roster', and new entrants to the sport are 'drafted'. We'd then have teams faced with the question of whether they want to spend part of their cap on a driver like Hamilton, or a designer like Newey.
Would you want to risk a deal for a Russell, or settle for the experience of a Bottas?
Ummm karting, formula Ford, formula 3, formula 2....the best drivers win I equal cars then end up in the best teams in F1.

Even in draft sports, teams have their stars.

You can’t tell me that Brady, Mahomes, Crosby, Ovechkin get paid the same as a 4th liner....just like in F1, there are stars, and there are the others.

Let’s not forget the effort put in to get to the top.

It’s no fluke that Hamilton beat Alonso in his rookie year....he got there on talent... sometimes I think people forget that.