Thread: Team Honda in F1
View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2019, 23:10 (Ref:3941512)   #102
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm not buying that Gasly outpowered Sham up the hill to the finish yday!
Given setup differences, gearing, efficiency of aero, age of engines, who had DRS at any one moment, amount of stored k-energy, level of damage to the car and even now altitude of the track (ICE/turbo efficiency)!, it's hard to say for sure "what" part was the magic one. No doubt it was multiple things. Do it all again and it might go differently as well.

Either way, it was clear (via Hamilton in-car) that up the hill Gasly was able to go from them being even to then pull slightly away from Hamilton on the last lap.

https://youtu.be/3WZeoOkMf0Y?t=372

You can see at 6:12 that Lewis did have a run on him as they start to go up the hill, they cut away to show Max take the checkered and then cut back to Gasly/Lewis and the momentum is gone and as they get close to start/finish Gasly edges ever so slowly away. I can't see why Lewis would have lifted if that is the explanation. Even in the post race room just before the podium they two talk about how he Gasly was hoping and Lewis said he couldn't pull in Gasly up the hill.

Anyhow, as I say, it's likely track by track advantages now. Who knows who might have the advantage at the last race. RBR has done well at the Brazil track in recent history.

Richard