View Single Post
Old 8 May 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3820800)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piet View Post
and now..I know!

around the GP track few spots are simply no more accessible and fences have been installed in too many places...thanks a lot ITR
The loop is ****ed.

A real shame - I knew access was going to be restricted on the run into Stirlings (where the SEAT ended up in the specatator area) but I hadn't expected them to make such a mess of the whole thing. The loop is now a write off if you want to take photos really (and pretty dreadful for viewing full stop - it may improve once the fences have weathered in a bit and lost their shine).

I'm not sure how much is purely down to ITR and how much just general 'health and safety'. I'm surprised it took as long as it did to remove access from the run into Stirlings following the SEAT incident (I expected an immediate change there). It just seems like massive overkill and it really has totally altered the viewing experience - Westfield used to be a great place to watch and take photos, not any more. A real shame.