View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1230024)   #66
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Your Name Here puts its name here

In motorsport, parity is often a dirty word. Mess around with a few letters, and you get parody. Mess around with them even more and you get diarrhea, which is (if nothing else) proof that parity really is a dirty word.

It’s an old adage, but a good one. It’s also on that Team Your Name Here, Australia’s sort-of newish V8 Supercar team, will be looking to uphold when it makes its racing debut in the 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship.

The team, brain-child of no-one you’d know, will feature the driving and musical stylings of Cameron McConville, Jason Richards and Steve Owen. The team has opted for the radical option of converting EB Falcons into Holden VY Commodores, taking project blueprint to a whole new level.

“It’s going well,” said team co-owner, Mike Hammond. “We got the letterheads back from the printing place the other week – I trust the rest of the stuff that needs to happen will be easy by comparison and will sort it self out nicely.

“It’ll be a tough year; we are under no illusions, optical or otherwise. I’d be lying if I said they were the first drivers we had on our list, but Cameron, Jason and Steve will be great for the team, and we are very much looking forward to working with them during the year.”

According to Hammond, though, if better drivers come onto the market, they will be out for 2006.

“If better drivers come onto the market, they will be out for 2006,” he mimed.

Full sponsorship arrangements, including the team’s livery will no doubt find their way onto the backs of trucks and computer screens numerous times between now and the team’s launch, currently scheduled for late February.

“At this stage, we plan on unvieling the cars before the AGP. We might even unveil them on the same day at the same place, to save the media a trip – it’s quite a hike down here.”

The team has promised an all new livery, showcasing the team’s diverse range of blue chip partners. Further sponsorship opportunities exist with the series’ most symmetrical team.

“The Team Your Name Here work experience kids are working on the livery as I speak,” said a team spokeshuman.

Last edited by mitchie; 19 Feb 2005 at 09:51.