View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3290341)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think the car looks fine. The casual fan doesn't care about the look for the car that much.

Regarding drivers, they probably need to quit with all the new unknown names that pop up from lower european formulas. What casual american fan has heard of Luca freakin Filippi, whom they went on and on about at the last race. It is a good field of drivers, but too many that aren't big names. Stefan Wilson? I'd never heard of the guy. Obviously Indy Lights isn't broadcast in NZ, never has been, but who's even watching it over there other than the most hardcore fans?

Instead of pulling in a couple newbies, these teams should try getting some big recognisable names for their marketing, maybe from other series like Nascar. Hell even bring back some of the guys from the past. Indycar can help fund a team which focuses on bringing back a different legend at each race or every two races. You could get back guys that are even still racing somewhere or at least still open to the odd race like Junqueira, Allmendinger, Hornish, Brack, De Ferran, Scheckter hell even some of the 90s guys like Da Matta, Herta, Montoya, Luyendyk, Villenueve, Vasser, Fittipaldi, Salo, Papis, Blundell the list goes on.

Where's the recent F1 rejects, Bruno Senna, Petrov, Buemi, Alguesari? Once upon a time they'd all be going to Indycar. Maybe they're a bit unknown in America as well, but at least better than James Jakes or Saveedra!

I do think Helio winning the title might help gain some interest for 2014. Though I'm firmly behind Dixon
Oddly enough my analysis is probably the opposite of yours on this question on all points. They have Andretti and Rahal. What more is wanted? To attract other names needs money. No money, no names and that's the situation we've got.