View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3956702)   #12
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Hear hear - I don't like Silverstone much as a circuit, and to be frank , even in 50 years of attendance it has only ever really 'worked ' with powerful , noisy and very fast cars . But that cavil apart , the Classic is a must see event for me - and why wouldn't it be , as it is the biggest classic race meeting of the year ?

Access all areas is wonderful , and such a contrast to the self important guff which infects modern motorsport , and my three days are very full ones.

Someone always moans about the cost - but as a car club member I get two tickets for about 100 quid , which means less than 20 quid per day... and I get to park a stone's throw from Brooklands . When a BTCC meeting costs you at least £30 for watching spec cars in every support race and as near as dammit in the feature race ... and don't get me started on the crowd and its bloody gazebos ....

My favourite meetings are Goodwood MM and HSCC Cadwell, but the Classic is also a joy .