View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3621552)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
The original AC engined Acecas had Alfin drums all round, but from 1957, the Bristol engined cars had the optional disc brake set up. I suspect that most would have been specified with these.

The final eight Acecas had the 2.6 litre Ford Zephyr engine (4 LHD/4 RHD) with the Mays head as the supply of Bristol engines had dried up.

And before you ask, my own Aceca-Bristol is intended as a road car only and won't be finished until much later in the year.....you'll have to make do with the Giulietta SVZ.
Sorry, Brian, I think I was typing my later reply whilst you were doing this.

The Alfa is absolutely spot on for this race.

Mike, yes an MGB Coune Berlinette would also be good. I think I've only ever see one race and that was at the Revival a few years back.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!