View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2011, 05:50 (Ref:2828164)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
This has been a contentious issue forever. My parents used to have a letter to the editor of Track and Traffic magazine posted on the fridge at home which said (and I paraphrase), "I went to the races the other weekend and not only did some of the sports cars arrive on trailers, but some drivers refused to camp at the track like the rest of us. What is the world coming to, when people believe they can only win with a pristine car and are too good to sleep in a tent???" The date on the letter was 1966.
Brilliant, and of course there are still those that do drive cars to races. VSCC members especially.

Unfortunately in any part of daily life there will always be complete idiots who don't understand simple logic. It is not just at race meetings.