View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3383605)   #38
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post

I think the infamous Coca-Cola 600 a couple of years ago had worse issues, with the difference that NASCAR threw cautions all the time (if I remember correctly, anyhow).

I think the reason there haven't been a bigger backlash (that I've seen anyhow) about the tires is because the teams probably are well aware they were on the ragged edge when it comes to the setup of the car. Goodyear stated, after practice, that several teams had been cutting it (way too) close and it seems they kept at it during the race.
I was wondering if that was the issue. I could see the sidewalls flexing on TV well into each stint. They were lucky that it was the right side tires and not the left or there would be many more serious incidents.