View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2018, 01:49 (Ref:3802267)   #179
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole View Post
That’s a great sports package you have. Unfortunately for me in the UK the motor sport I watch is very similar to yourself and is available via BT Sports which I get free with my broadband account, however if you want to watch all F1 race weekends live then you have to subscribe to Sky. It’s a lot of money for one race series. I think the V8 Super Cars are superb. BT Sports did cover all races live with no breaks and in full HD, I never missed a race. Unfortunately from last year BT Sports lost the coverage and a FTA motor sport channel took over. Only half the races are live and the highlights can be seen a week after the race takes place. The picture and sound quality is absolutely terrible. It’s so disappointing because I think it’s one of the best race series on earth.
There is another problem with FTA.I have got used to F1 and Moto GP coverage where I can watch live and mostly ad free -except for F1 practice- all practice,qualifying and races.To go back to getting only the races and maybe qualifying sessions and having 10-15 minutes of ads per hour would be terrible.
I have followed both F1 and motorcycle GP racing pretty fanatically for over 40 years and probably have enjoyed the last 3 years more than ever mainly because of the depth of coverage.The single biggest problem in F1 is the Mercedes domination of most of the last 4 years with the exception of the first 4 months of the 2017 season.