View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4028939)   #294
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last year we indulged in a conversation about the Boeing 737 Max crashes, etc. Well, the USA's DOJ have just fined the company $2.5 billion in a settlement to include restitution to the families and heirs to those that lost their lives.

However, there is no mention of any sanction of the FAA, the American aviation regulator that was supposed to be monitoring and supervising the company, but which decided, consciously, to devolve said monitoring and supervision to the company. And the company has been punished because and I quote: “Boeing’s employees chose the path of profit over candour by concealing material information from the FAA concerning the operation of its 737 Max airplane and engaging in an effort to cover up their deception."

I must admit that at this time, as a previously commercial fully qualified pilot, that I would be sceptical about flying in the 737 Max until they have proved that the aircraft systems have been perfected and pilots are adequately trained in how the aircraft behaves because it differs so much from the rest of the 737 family of aircraft.