View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2019, 23:56 (Ref:3921048)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry not to see JT during the day! Lots of lovely pre-war Bentleys in the paddock and could have spent all day looking round them, but had some racing to do. We also had a Spitfire doing circuits a couple of times, and the sound of the Merlin engine seemed appropriate to the meeting somehow!

The race. OK, the rule is that if you are still a reserve when you qualify, then the best you can hope for in the race (if someone drops out after Q) is to start at the back of the grid, which I did- 39th out of 39...... Standing starts are a bit of a novelty nowadays, but I love them and got a scorcher. Overtook 18 cars on the first lap, and at the end of the 20 min race was up to P11 o/a, and P4 in the 4cyl Morgan Techniques Trophy. Unfortunately the goal of the ‘Pushrod Cup’ wasn't within reach and I finished 10.5 secs behind the winner of that. Very disappointed, but two weeks running now I’ve started at or near the back of a grid, and had the most fun overtaking- not always on the track......
Glad you got a race Mike. Sounds like a fun one too.