Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2016, 01:38 (Ref:3624066)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
What's not to like? You can have the opportunity to race for overall victories for races like Daytona, Sebring etc. They seem to have a solid plan, but I personally think we will see very few Dpi cars next year. The majority could be grandfathered p2 and wec spec p2 (which isn't a bad thing) but that's just me I could be wrong.
Welcome to the forum Aces! I agree, the timeline is short for getting new cars to the track at Daytona. First of all we haven't seen any of the 2017 P2 cars which will be the base for the DPi's so if there is any delay there it will further hamper the ability of a team/manufacturer to put together a DPi program. If we can get "regular" 2017 P2's on the grid at Daytona that is great, but that might be pushing it as well.

Depending on the source we have 4-8 manufacturers evaluating a DPi program. Will they all make it to the grid next year? Who knows.

Possible DPi's
Cadillac-GM
Mazda
Nissan
Acura-HPD
BMW
Lexus-TRD
Lambo/Bentley - some VAG brand