View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2021, 05:14 (Ref:4073997)   #54
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Also given the later sunset at that time of year, talk of Ch7 and Fox pushing for a midday 1000k race start time for a prime time finish and the ratings that go with that.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/15...-on-the-cards/
Maybe I'm just getting grumpy as I get older but personally I really hate this continual need to push the race start time further and further back - should return to 10:00 and be done with it. The rhythm of the race itself and the lead in days all work better with 10:00 IMHO.

Plus, only a question of time before this "later and later" flog bites them hard in the nether regions - what if there's solid rain, fog and some track break-up? Could start at 12 but run out of time to get the race finished before dark, so we'd end up with a bloody time-certain finish, for the biggest race and last race of the year - not a good look.