View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4074822)   #98
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I was at the chicane too and while of course it was the drivers who hit the tyres , and not the reverse, other drivers were caught up in the ensuing carnage. I am at most Croft meetings and have lost count of the number of times those damn tyres have punished a small error by wrecking a car.

Circuits are already over sanitised in the quest to make them "safe" for drivers, but if drivers insist on pushing the limit, then they have to expect the consequences. I find it puzzling that today's drivers are incapable of negotiating the circuits without, a) exceeding track limits and b) not driving into track furniture.

I am old enough to have witnessed first hand drivers negotiating tracks like Crystal Palace which had corners/chicanes created using old railway sleepers. And I cannot recall any of those drivers not being able to get round the circuit without hitting those immobile those track walls. Or nearly all F1 and other drivers not being able to miss the barriers at Monaco.

Yes, accidents will happen, but that is not the fault of the track furniture; that is nearly always the fault of the drivers taking unacceptable risks, as I feel very strongly happened yesterday. And yes it's very unfortunate for other drivers that may have suffered misfortune because of the actions of others, but blame must be placed at the feet of the drivers responsible in the first place, especially at least one who drove almost into the centre of the middle stack, thus causing mayhem.