View Single Post
Old 7 May 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3974926)   #8
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Another good read and some great photo's Andrew, thanks for all your hard work in doing that.
One point about the meet on Saturday, for the last 3 years we have been using my table from the campsite as it is a lot easier than Pascual bring one to the race track, and then carriyng it around all day. It is easier for Me Helen, Vince and others to bring stuff like the table/cups/knives plates etc from the Tertre Rouge campsite which is only 10 minutes walk from the meet. Also the meet was still going strong well gone 1.30 long after you had left.

There's a part of me which wouldn't be surprised if I was told The Meeting still hadn't finished.

This is possibly not the place for the following two comments, but I don't know where else to put them:

* The officious parking attendant is a species bred only in Le Mans. Many years ago, we were repeatedly asked to re-position our cars when parked in the "old" Arnage car park/camping area. We complied as best we could but refused totally when we were asked to reposition our tent when it was there, erected, pegged down and settled.

* I've found a cure for the "it's all over" feeling. On Monday morning I don't head for the Channel, but go in the opposite direction. Race weekend is now the introducion to a fortnight's holiday somewhere in France.