Old 23 Jul 2021, 03:48 (Ref:4062794)   #5611
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And now MP thinks Sato is on the hot seat at RLL

https://racer.com/2021/07/22/rll-eme...on-for-harvey/
On the one hand I can see that. I don't know why but it hasn't been often that both RLL cars have had the same pace (in qualifying especially) and Graham has most often been ahead. I don't know how much driver size impacts setups but Harvey is a much closer match to Graham physically than Takuma is. Taku has had some good drives this year and 10th in points is impressive given that the car hasn't often started near the front and has on occasion suffered from being put into the alternate strategy role.

I never worked in a two car (open wheeled) team, so these kind of questions are hard for me to evaluate. Do the drivers' physical differences really affect the setups, or is it more a case of their driving style and preferences being different? I ask because it seems to me that Sato has done a good job this year based on his results even though both team cars have struggled in qualifying.

If RLL lets him go I could see him going back to Andretti. Of their current drivers, only Herta has outperformed him this year.