View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2018, 23:26 (Ref:3803505)   #1317
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They had a priority to introduce something that solved a problem. They also introduced a deadline. To do this they have introduced this. You could argue they could have developed something else, but, at least at one point, it looks like it wouldn’t be ready for the deadline. Now they can hone this, and look at other solutions to improve on this.

Please understand I’m not saying anything is actually needed. However, rather than just be glib I am attempting to understand a situation.

I wanted a house with a garage. At first I couldn’t afford one, so I moved in somewhere without a garage. I did not chose to get cold and wet every night until I could afford a house with a garage.

I don’t agree with this, but I can see how we have got here.
I agree with you Adam, the FIA started introducing solutions in 2011, since the teams have been prevaricating and preventing any movement, and people have died because of their lack of action.

Now the FIA have forced the issue, good move (seven years to introduce a roll hoop extension, just the cutting edge of progress), perhaps now the precious will find a more effective solution.