Old 3 May 2005, 05:28 (Ref:1291755)   #45
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfanano
A little bit sour! but I really do detest equivalency formulas in motor racing – I suppose it all goes back to the turbo v normally aspirated situation in 1980’s F1. My point is that they can never be fair – if one type of car is winning then the other lot will say they need a rules break! BMW complained when those nasty Alfa’s beat them in the ETCC (basically because they had produced a better engine) but of course BM said it was down to the weight difference.

BMW will only lose the championship if they screw up – the laws of physics say RWD is a far better way to drive a racing car. Alfa or Seat might be able to win the second race if they start on pole and hold everyone up like at Monza.

FWD may suck on the track but it is by far the best all-round way of propelling a road car (I’m reminded of this every winter when I see Beemers wrapped around trees or slithering around in the snow!) and after all, the WTCC is based on road cars so I don’t see hoards of manufacturers throwing-out years of development to go back to RWD!

preivous year's result show that BMWs have an advantage in Mangy Cours,so not no concern that FWD car can't achieve good result at the moment,give some confidence to them