Thread: IMSA Race 2018 Watkins Glen 6 Hours
View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3833834)   #26
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
If only Jon could realise this and hand over his drivers seat to a fresh, more deserving driver, (Much like what Seth Nieman did whilst with Flying Lizard) they may actually enjoy some much welcomed success, this years Rolex 24 result notwithstanding of course.
This. One thing i always respected about Seth Neiman was that he let the #45 be a full-on GTE competitor and ran a second, slow car for himself. He knew his limits and knew that he wasn't ever going to win the title.

Jon Bennett however was good enough to win some PC titles ... a Pro-Am class, of course. IMO, he is not going to get the team to any P-class titles .... even if he is a good driver, he will always be giving away that little bit.

But ... it's not my money, so it is easy to spend. A whole 'nother crew, transporter, lodging, fuel and food, all that .... But Core really cannot hope to win a title anyway until it signs a DPi contract, so i guess all my musings are moot.