View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3962596)   #107
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It seems a bit odd that Imola would be in that position, as FIA GT hasn't been there since 2005.

And those abrupt kinks I mentioned on the front stretch appear to have been contributors to more than one serious GT incident since the circuit reopened in 2008. A prime example of that would be what happened with Marcel Tiemann.

As for the ELMS, I would think Spain is better prepared than Italy, but we'll see. A lot can happen in two months, but yes, Monza in May seems optimistic, to say the least. Who knows. Maybe that series has some more complicated contractual issues to sort out, plus there are fewer circuits that can support the multi-class stuff, especially compared to a sprint GT event.

I just hope things have sufficiently settled that the WEC's return to Monza can happen.

I'm also probably additionally irritated because I don't really have another sport I can follow nearly as readily as a fallback to stay occupied. So if events/seasons get cancelled, there's that, but I also worry about, like I said in the F1 thread, habits getting broken/changed, and then stuff just simply doesn't come back afterward at all.