Thread: Driver Carlos Pace
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4119874)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
This page shows the results of the two Brabham drivers and how Pace gained the upper hand over his final season: https://www.statsf1.com/en/carlos-re...rlos-pace.aspx
I'm not sure those stats show Pace as having an upper hand over Reutemann.

Yes - Pace scored more points over the season, but there were too many DNF's (IMO) to reach a conclusive position. There were only three races that they both finished, which I feel is too small a sample size.

Could he have won a WDC - possibly. But so many other factors would have to align that (sadly) we will never know.

Interesting question though. In 2014, Pace was rated 34th of all time so he is definitely held in high regard by many.