View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:43 (Ref:910270)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know, i for one though likes racing, fully accept the reality of team work as well as team policy.

There's no "correct" way for bosses to run their team, only the "best" way and the "fastest" way.

If Ralf is genuinely alot slower than JPM, and JPM could theoretically get a far better position for the team, than i believe that the the teammate shouldn't hold another guy from the same team up. This of course is only right to apply with the understandings from both drivers, and hence, if JPM expects such treatment, he should ask whetehr he'd do the same for Ralf. If both drivers do work for the best of the team, it's really stupid if one or another takes the other out.

In fact this view is held constant to all the teams out there. I believe it is JPM who said that nobody should expect a god-given right to expect the car in front to make way for you to pass (said after his first Austria GP after a tangle with MS), and i'm quite surprised that JPM actually demands for Ralf to give in - especially it isn't the first time (a certain Silverstone GP and USA GP saw similar comments)... double standard?

I'm sitting on the fence right now on this one...it's just a very confusing situation that there's no clear right or wrong. One thing is, keep the fight on the track and not for both to fight in the press.