View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2004, 09:39 (Ref:910477)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by goforit500
"But to brake inside someone knowing that he either gives you space or we crash, is not correct"....
When you go past someone you have to be alongside at one point. In which the other guy has to give you room or you crash!

If you do it well you get on the inside and comprimise the other guys racing line giving yourself a decent chance to get past.

racing...

I've always considered that to be a good racer you have to know how to be overtaken as well as how to overtake.

However we have this attitude that you are rubbish if someone goes past you. So we havethis bad racing. However I was glad to see generally at Australia Button wasn't got at for being overtaken. Good on him and he didn't moan.

There is thread on ten-tenths presently that is about Dijon 1979. Both Arnoux and Villeneuve knew how to be overtaken and I consider Arnoux to have achieved as much and driven as well as Villeunve in that encounter.