View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3945669)   #318
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
The times certainly are changing, and there is some very big, very clear writing on the wall.

Will Ford and GM see enough return to maintain a Supercars role, any role let alone a dominant one, on the basis of selling a few Mustangs and Camaros (the Commodore has to be dead meat now)?

I reckon Supercars is dying, only waiting for the vet to come along with the humane killer. I used to think Ford was the weak link, but now I think GM will be the one to pull the plug.

Big question - will we see a reincarnation of touring car racing, in some shape or form? If so, in just what form will it reemerge? Is the economy generally, and the new car market in particular, strong enough to support it?

Or are we looking at a contraction back to a more club-racer scene? Can S5000 become the flagship, the drawer of crowds that will reinvigorate the racing scene?
TCR series is where it's at. Plus GT3 (I know it's pretty lean atm, but a little time, it could boom)