View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3160558)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence View Post
A sponsor leaving is never a good sign, and it removes a point of leverage for a replacement in negotiations.

If there was a replacement sponsor in the wings - or already agreed - you would think that V8SC would have jumped out with their own statement in order to maintain confidence.

Given the difficulties they're having securing a suitable TV deal ($$$ and coverage) the loss of a potential digital partner as well, TC's well publicised diversion to the potential of digital rights:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/08/22/...-negotiations/

has just lost a key plank.
Unless (fingers crossed) the replacement has already been lined up.

Wonder who the new title sponsor of the Sydney (insert name here) 500 might be from next year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods