View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 05:01 (Ref:3723634)   #1582
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
The one good part is that it has brought some pretty killer lineups to the grid and has allowed more drivers to get seats. Seeing Michael Lewis back is awesome. Having the Taylor brothers race in the series great, having Kyle Marcelli, Mike Skeen and Andy Lee back is awesome. I love seeing Laurens Vanthoor coming for a few races, possibly some big Bentley names and few more. That part is cool.

But is it worth it to the teams like CRP, KPAX or Wright to have to increase budgets and hire another Pro driver(s)?

I am fully onboard how they ran SprintX in 2016 by keeping the focus on Pro-Am lineups and having a short championship season. If they would have lowered the traditional solo championship to 14-16 rounds and increased SprintX from 6 to 8, I think you would have seen the grid numbers still boost. SprintX would have been an awesome place to put the Cup cars and maybe even TCR.

I hope we see it shift back to the more traditional PWC in 2018, but we'll see. If they want to keep SprintX, they need to go full on SprintX and just do away with solo at that point.