View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3818447)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
FF1600; Lola T70s/GT40s (etc ) and a better grid of Derek Bell single seaters please. I recall watching and listening to the Matra MS 670 at DHF a few years ago and seeing that and similar cars again would be nice
I think it all depends ‘who’ is the first priority for the organisers- the Competitor or the Spectator? In previous years the Donington HF on track organisation was down to HSCC, this year it is MSV, but whether they have a say or not in deciding what grids are on the programme, I don’t know. Think I’m right in saying that Motor Racing Legends were behind the original DHF, so not surprising that their grids are present, and other organisers like HMRN and GTSCC. Maybe in another year HFF could replace Derek Bell or FJ..... Not sure how you would get a big sports car grid at the festival. Masters WSM is an FIA Championship and races are held at their own events, while Peter Auto (CER) don’t venture this side of the channel. It would probably need someone like Masters to drop Silverstone Classic in favour of DHF, and I cant see that happening anytime soon. A ‘stand alone’ race for big sports cars would need an organiser prepared to take a gamble on attracting enough cars to make it viable...