View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2619816)   #8
Jesper OH
Veteran

Jesper OH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The cars were the same model as the Tom's car but were anything but the same spec unfortunately.

The guys I think were ex hotrodders and club racers and didn't run any major sponsorship that I can recall?

Enthusiastic as they were, the best these guys could do was prop up the class entries as they were quite uncompetitive, although I suspect quite useful in helping ensure that the baby class had as many entries as possible as Dowsett was the the 'class of the class' and capable of challenging for the overall championship.

After his BTCC exploits, Dolley later campaigned his car in modprods IIRC?
Found the 1989 Autosport review where it's noted that Ray Selley and Les Liddiard took over the running of the Dowsett car from Dowsett himself mid-season, but not stating exactly when.

Quote:
Re the TT, unfortunately as we all know it was cancelled (or at least not run to Group A regs) as the traditional ETC backbone had gone after the cancellation of that series. Like many i'm sure, I was massively dissappointed by all of this as I was looking forward to Rouse matching upto Eggenberger and hopefully several Australian and German entries!
Count me in on that one, although the '89 TT would have collided with the still very well supported Sandown 500 warm-up to Bathurst. The Australians would likely not have been at Silverstone.

Quote:
Re Trident/Mezera: Tomas was a fine driver and it's a shame he didn't get behind the wheel of a Sierra full time after helping Tony Longhurst to his '88 Bathurst win in one) as i'm sure he would've been a major threat to Rouse and Gravett!
Thinking about it, Mezera's most consistent touring car drives was as co-driver to both the Holden Special Vehichles team/Holden Racing Team/Larry Perkins Engineering teams.

Jesper