Old 20 Aug 2019, 01:26 (Ref:3923470)   #50
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Postergate.

I have just gone through and read the stewards report. It states:
"Following a post-race DRD investigation and admission of a breach of Rule E6.8.2 (non-permitted item on the podium) by Car 17, Scott McLaughlin, the Stewards imposed the penalty of a fine of $10,000 on Scott McLaughlin."

From the Supercars Operations Manual 2019 Division E, the rule number appears to be a typo as E6.8.2 is:
E6.8 Event Rides - Allocations
6.8.1 A Team must give written notice to the MOM of its intention to utilise an Event Ride by giving no less than 14 working days’ notice prior to the first day of the Event at which it is intended to conduct the Event ride.
6.8.2 The written notice will include details of the Driver and Car to be used to conduct the Event ride.
6.8.3 Event Rides may only be undertaken if they have been approved by the MOM."

However, rule E8.6.2 states:

E8.6 Sponsors Presence
8.6.1 Start Line Activities
8.6.1.1 Subject to the requirement of the promoter, there is no prohibition on sponsors’ promotional personnel being present on the grid, but all such personnel are subject to the requirements in the Rules for clearing the grid and must vacate the grid no later than at the 3-minute signal.
8.6.1.2 The meeting point for non-Team members to enter the grid will be detailed in the Authorised Representatives Briefing.
8.6.1.3 Team sponsor umbrellas are permitted.
8.6.1.4 The use of banners or flags require the prior written permission of the MOM.
8.6.1.5 An appropriate dress code will apply at the direction of Supercars.
8.6.2 Presence at Podium Presentations
8.6.2.1 No promotional or marketing material is permitted on the podium or to be held aloft in front of the podium at any time.
8.6.2.2 Without the prior written permission of Supercars, commercial, marketing and promotional personnel; related materials, such as posters, banners, mascots, flags or signs (“materials”), are not permitted in the vicinity of the: television interview areas, Parc Fermé, podium presentation areas and either beside, in front of, under or behind the podium or media conference areas, apart from those persons directly concerned with the actual Team (i.e. Drivers and Team members).This includes being in the direct line of sight in front of, beside, under or behind these areas. Drivers, Team members, or related entities are also not permitted to display these materials in these areas.

I wonder if DJRTP could have got out of the fine by being charged under the wrong rule?

I remember Paul Morris stating in one of their latest podcasts that it is a CAMS rule. However, it is a Supercars rule that CAMS stewards are required to enforce.