View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4058924)   #5545
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Firstly, there is a fourth team now in the mix, namely AMSP, or SPAM as I like to call them, so there is more competition on the track, when before it was usually a three-way battle with Andretti Autosport, Ganassi and Penske. Secondly, with the partner teams Andretti Autosport support, and there are three of them, I get the feeling they are spreading themselves too thin and are not able to concentrate on themselves.
I never understood why they got so angry at RM for calling them SPAM in a loving manner. I don't think any of us called them that in a demeaning manner, but rather as a term of fun and endearment. But I'm guessing Arrow marketing people may not have liked being bumped from the front.

And think you're on to something with the Andretti tech partners. While Penske has their own, they know how to keep their own house in order first and then supply the others. Think Andretti tried to spread the research costs across too many teams and can't quite keep up.

How much of the budget does Hinch bring? He better bring a lot more than the rumored partial season Honda of Canada was willing to pony up when he was let go to keep his seat.